question

newuser-1b22a809-286b-4c2b-a582-e883b2d7da5b avatar image

App update rejection

After the submission of an update for my app, i received the following message in "Review Status":

Your app contains metadata [title, icon] that could mislead customers, as the content resembles the content of another mobile application OR suggests another functionality.

I do not know what is the cause of rejection (a copy rights issue or suggesting another functionality)

I contacted with amazon support and requested more details. They asked me to provide documentation demonstrating that i have valid intellectual property rights.

I changed the app title but i did not change the app icon and i published this app on the app store with the same icon from years ago and the old version of this app is still published on the app store with this icon so the problem can not be due to the app icon. I contacted them again and requested from them to tell me which app my app icon resembles its content but they did not reply.

submission testing distribution
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered

Hi,

I see that your app is now live on the Amazon Appstore.

Our support team has just responded to your case, please check your email and let them know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.