question

Scott avatar image
Scott asked

Amazon Android MoPub Adapters

So Amazon removed support in their Android SDK for MoPub, for unknown reasons. I can only assume they could not get it working.

I did get it working and for those in need, here is the link to my gist files:

https://gist.github.com/SRCApps/7fe00dc7ea178f8447910d4e18611c3f

Follow the comments in the files, or look into MoPub custom network. The files must be put in a folder called mopub in your application for it to work.

In MoPub you must use the correct location of the files as shown below: (I made a mistake, it should say AmazonInterstitial and not AmazonInt. AdRegistration is needed in all files to get it to work.

Tested and working for both banner and interstitial. Mopub dashboard will not report on the impression/request data though, however Amazon does.

If testing from the EU, it will not work as pointed out in other threads. Unless you use an Amazon approved CMP, you will only get impressions from non-eu countries and you can't even test ads without a VPN.

I hope eventually Amazon will allow us to use the MoPub GDPR data and allow us to forward it to the Amazon SDK (Please devs).

mobile adsandroid
mopub.png (27.7 KiB)
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Scott avatar image
Scott answered

Sorry everyone, this no longer works with the new MoPub SDK due to Amazon needing it's view to be already connected to the parent layout before load time.

Only way now to use both is to implement Amazon on it's own, and if an ad fails, then call a MoPub load and hope Amazon has a better eCPM.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Scott avatar image
Scott answered

This is working for MoPub 5.14.0, this version does not need the .withAdditionalNetwork(AmazonConfig.class.getName()) , however I have added it to my MoPub SdkConfiguration.Builder anyway.

Older versions may still work if you add this line to your MoPub SdkConfiguration.Builder.

10 |5000