question

newuser-4f29bbb5-0221-4627-9b74-b4ebb1f23eb9 avatar image

Monetizing Fire TV App

Hello,

We have a Fire TV application with about 100K downloads. Airy.tv. We have been trying to get monetization to work but are having difficulty. We've also applied to Amazon Publisher Services but we never receive a response. If 100K downloads and 8K daily users isn't enough for APS, what are the requirements?

fire tvmonetization
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered

Hi,

Rather than using APS, I recommend using Amazon Mobile Ads, which does not require an application process, you can just start using it.

You can also monetize an app by charging customers to download it or by using In-App Purchasing (IAP).

Thanks,

Mike

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Mike@Amazon

My understanding is that Amazon Mobile Ads don't work on Fire TVs, so maybe you could verify it first.

The document you provided is rather general Android/iOS doc, and there is nothing about AMAds in Amazon Fire TV docs.

Actually, last March, we were told via Contact Us (6869059801) that: "Unfortunately, the Amazon Mobile Ads API does not support ads on Fire TV devices."

Actually, in one of my previous post, I asked whether AMAds are supported on Fire TVs, but no one bothered to respond. Assuming that they would be working, I would think that someone from Amazon would be happy to say that.

Finally, there is plenty of posts on this forum, where devs mention that they cannot get ads working in prod environment on Fire TV devices.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacek avatar image
Jacek answered

@Mike@Amazon

As you reverted to editing white spaces again, I assume that the topic is way over your head, and you just pulled that response from a thin air. So, we can assume that Amazon Mobile Ads don't work on Fire TVs.

Thanks, Jacek

10 |5000