question

Kaasa avatar image
Kaasa asked

The wake word does not trigger an Alexa interface wakeword response

Hello,

I have a problem with the development of an Alexa gadget. First, I registered a gadget in the Alexa Development console. Then I configured the GATT services, characteristics, and descriptors as described in the documentation. Also, I implemented the handshake with the Alexa Gadgets Embedded Sample Code (GitHub).
Now that I've implemented all of that, the gadget stays connected, and Alexa displays the gadget device information. So far, so good! Now the actual problem: According to the documentation, I can test the communication channel as follows:

1.Once paired, the Echo device will send a Discover directive to your gadget with a request to respond with a Discover.Response event. If your gadget receives the Discover directive, your gadget and the Echo device have successfully established a communication channel.

2. Your gadget should respond with a Discover.Response event.

3. Say "Alexa" to the Echo device. Your gadget should receive a Alexa.Gadget.StateListener.StateUpdate directive notifying it that the wake word was detected.

But no notification arrives at the gadget. The Echo device doesn't write anything to the Characteristic Tx. Has anyone had any experience with this problem? I have tested all the solutions I could think of, but I can't get any further at this point.

I hope someone can help!

Many greetings

alexa skills kitalexaresponsegadgets toolkit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Cheryl avatar image
Cheryl answered

I have the same issue, even when i run the wakeword gadget demo from github

Alexa-Gadgets-Raspberry-Pi-Samples/src/examples/

also the kitchen_sink.py connects and i can print from inside the app when it runs. But otherwise, it is completely silent. As you have stated, everything works device wise. It connects via bluetooth and prints out the following:

$ sudo python3 launch.py --example kitchen_sink
INFO:agt.alexa_gadget:Attempting to reconnect to Echo device with address FC:49:2D:B5:CA:26 over BT
INFO:agt.alexa_gadget:Connected to Echo device with address FC:49:2D:B5:CA:26 over BT
Gadget connected to the paired Echo device
DEBUG:agt.alexa_gadget:Received directive from Echo device: { {'header': {'namespace': 'Alexa.Discovery', 'name': 'Discover', 'messageId': '', 'dialogRequestId': ''}, 'payload': {'scope': {'type': '', 'token': ''}}} }
DEBUG:agt.alexa_gadget:Sending event to Echo device: { {'header': {'namespace': 'Alexa.Discovery', 'name': 'Discover.Response', 'messageId': ''}, 'payload': {'endpoints': [{'endpointId': 'AGTDCA63294C7FA', 'friendlyName': 'Gadget7FA', 'description': 'Alexa Gadget', 'manufacturerName': 'AGT', 'capabilities': [{'type': 'AlexaInterface', 'interface': 'Alexa.Gadget.StateListener', 'version': '1.0', 'configuration': {'supportedTypes': [{'name': 'timeinfo'}, {'name': 'timers'}, {'name': 'alarms'}, {'name': 'reminders'}, {'name': 'wakeword'}]}}, {'type': 'AlexaInterface', 'interface': 'Alerts', 'version': '1.1'}, {'type': 'AlexaInterface', 'interface': 'Notifications', 'version': '1.0'}, {'type': 'AlexaInterface', 'interface': 'Alexa.Gadget.MusicData', 'version': '1.0', 'configuration': {'supportedTypes': [{'name': 'tempo'}]}}, {'type': 'AlexaInterface', 'interface': 'Alexa.Gadget.SpeechData', 'version': '1.0', 'configuration': {'supportedTypes': [{'name': 'viseme'}]}}], 'additionalIdentification': {'firmwareVersion': '1', 'deviceToken': '31b7934f64fb37e584451def8fcd5456d678ad54d6262b81548228f52d0bf2b3', 'deviceTokenEncryptionType': '1', 'amazonDeviceType': 'a2dukh3v55sp4p', 'modelName': 'Alexa Gadget', 'radioAddress': 'DCA63294C7FA'}}]}} }

ReplyForward

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.