question

newuser-d0649d88-8de4-4edc-ad28-61f609e51f69 avatar image

Amazon Content Policy Not compliant

I am getting this response after the submission review:

Your app submission does not meet one or more of our acceptance criteria for some or all targeted devices. Failure reason(s) are listed below:

• We are unable to test your app as it does not function as intended. The app exits/ force closes/ freezes/ displays an error message after being launched. Please fix the issue and re-submit the app.

You can view our guidelines on the Appstore Developer Portal.

But i have tested the application and I am unable to generate any such error. So how do i know where and what error is actually coming as there is no screenshot or video associated with it. Please help!

androidpolicycontent
7 comments
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Did they provide console logs, screenshots, steps to reproduce?

0 Likes 0 ·

Surprisingly its like 3rd time in a row and they have provided nothing to me, I can only see the above error message in the developer console.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacek avatar image Jacek newuser-d0649d88-8de4-4edc-ad28-61f609e51f69 ·

Apparently, to save cost, recently Amazon hired testing team that neither speaks English, nor does proper testing, nor provides any feedback about errors.

We have a different problem, but the same issue - lack of any feedback, and as far as we can tell looking at our server logs, we see the app working while testing by Amazon.

If you have a test device (Fire TV or Tablet), just keep submitting your app for that only device. It doesn't cost you anything, but they have to test and produce that dumb report. Write in 'Testing instructions' that you need that log, screenshots, debug apk, steps to reproduce, and keep resubmitting every time it is failed.

Actually, we publish web apps. So, there are actually two different processes during the app startup: 1. the Android part (Cordova wrapping done by Amazon), 2. HTML/JS part (our code). We had before a problem where the issue was with the first part (Android/Cordova), what we have nothing to do with. That was happening on FOS 7 devices (where Amazon really struggles with Cordova). Not sure, if that applies to you. If it does, remove FOS 7 devices to get it going (I think those from 2019/2020).

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered

Hi,

Because this issue is specific to your app, we can't assist you in the public forum.

However, I see that you've already contacted our support team with the Contact Us form and they should get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Mike

7 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Mike@Amazon

Looks like you are jumping to a conclusion ("specific to your app") without checking the basics.

If that so called testing team cannot produce console log, screenshots, steps to reproduce - all that is listed on the test results page (and that is not just the problem with this case, but rather a general problem that started recently), you need to get those testers either replaced or trained.

Amazon takes 30% of IAPs, and I would assume that is to improve Amazon Fire ecosystem.

We (and some other devs) have exactly the same problem with testing on HD 8 2020 and HD 10 2019 - no nothing.

2 Likes 2 ·

@Jacek - I am dealing with a similar issue in that the support team is providing vague, unhelpful answers for a rejected app update (my app was live prior - they rejected my updated and suppressed the live app).

Incredibly frustrating. Did you ever get to a resolution in your case? Were you able to get anything from support to address the actual issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

Jason,

Not exactly similar. That issue was rather technical (app failed, they didn't provide logs, ...). Our case was similar to that - a different test failure, no logs (over a month, still not resolved). Your case is procedural, and therefore you are more or less SOL.

Looking at what you wrote, I don't see anywhere that they are asking you to provide a proof that your app is not encouraging privacy; therefore, you should not be harping on that. On the other hand, having them say that your app "doesn't comply with our content guidelines _OR_ your Amazon Developer Service Agreement" implies that they have no clue what the violation is, and they want you to self-incriminate. So, I would rather push them to be more specific (which one is that, which section, ...), as rejection based on "your app is MAYBE violating SOMETHING" is just a BS. Also, jumping around various posts is not helping you. Just start one post, where you describe day by day what BS you are dealing with, and keep updating it every day, hoping for the best.

The second part is to not really engage with the submission team anymore (they don't understand plain English). I have not yet seen a case, where there was something positive coming from that team. You need to keep banging on Contact Us and this forum. Although as mentioned, since your case is procedural, you may not be able to resolve it. Still, keeping it in one thread makes it easier for other devs to understand the process.

You may also want to check out @AmazonAppDev on twitter, and maybe tweet there.

Best, Jacek

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

ok so where does we get error logs/screenshots/videos related to error?

1 Like 1 ·
Mike@Amazon avatar image Mike@Amazon ♦ newuser-d0649d88-8de4-4edc-ad28-61f609e51f69 ·

Please request these from the support team, they should be able to assist you.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·

So, where the buck stops?

People are writing about this new BS by test team for quite some time. Support team does nothing.

Same thing is going on for over a month with failed tests on HD 8 2020, HD 10 2019, and so far not one time test or support team provided those console logs, screenshots, steps to reproduce.

1 Like 1 ·
Jacek avatar image
Jacek answered

@Mike@Amazon

Second or third time riding white spaces in this thread. Is there anything that you wanted to contribute to this discussion, or you just want to keep polluting this forum?

newuser-ca1b81a4-7e01-4833-b732-a797272c5a87 avatar image
newuser-ca1b81a4-7e01-4833-b732-a797272c5a87 answered

We are running into the same error. We tried app testing service, ran 10 tests, and they all passed. The error does not give any more details.