question

newuser-373b39e9-2ac8-46b3-a597-d6b81801b90d avatar image
newuser-373b39e9-2ac8-46b3-a597-d6b81801b90d asked ·

content policy in games

anyone facing this issue please guide

policycontent
untitled.png (122.0 KiB)
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacek avatar image
Jacek answered ·

You can either try to wait for Amazon for clarification of those issues (what I doubt you will get), or try to work your way through the process. Think about submission as a two part process: 1. getting your binary approved, 2. getting your metadata approved. As this looks like is your first submission, those two are kind of blended.

First, I would try to remove all metadata (images, text) down to the bare minimum, and try to get your binary approved. The only thing that would worry me is 'as the content resembles the content of another app,' as that is rather a catch all phrase. Once you submit your cleaned up app, it will take about 24 hours to get it approved.

Once the app/binary is live, you can immediately move to phase two, to get your 'metadata' working the way you want. You should keep the original binary during this phase, and only manipulate images/text. You can work your way through in small steps (add few images, submit, once approved add more images, re-submit, ...). As the 'metadata submission' takes just a couple of hours, you can make few rounds per day, and test what exactly is the offending part.

There is no penalty for app submissions, so from my experience, that is the best way to move forward, where instead of passively waiting for clarifications either on this forum or through Contact Us (you still should do it, though), you force answers through submissions.

Thanks, Jacek

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacek avatar image
Jacek answered ·

@Mike@Amazon, Your white space editing just pollutes this forum. If you have something that would help this thread move forward, we would be happy to listen to.

Erin Hong avatar image
Erin Hong answered ·

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Your contact-us case is received and replied by the internal team. Please refer to the correspondence for more information.