question

newuser-b9a800f4-710c-417c-99e3-5405d69d6510 avatar image
newuser-b9a800f4-710c-417c-99e3-5405d69d6510 asked ·

BrightnessContoller blocks power level

Hello,

I am developing Smart Home skill for device that is both a light and a fan. I implemented both PowerLevelControllers and BrightnessController for it. However, if I have them both, power level commands in skill test apps are sent as BrightnessController directives. Thus, something like `Alexa, set <device> power to fifty` results in brightness changes.

What had I tried so far:

1. Adding PercentageController as PowerLevelController -> still changes Brightness.

2. Adding both catigories `LIGHT` and `FAN` for discovery. No effect, I assume this is just for visual sorting, but I had a hope.

3. Removing BrightnessController - power level commands started to work. However, I could also say `alexa set <device> brightness to one hundred` and this would modify power level.

How can I make them to work separately?

Thank you.

controllertesting in produciton
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered ·

Hello and thank you for your message.

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you. Can you please provider your discovery response JSON as well as the activity keys for the failing utterances? This link explains how to retrieve them.

Regards,
Barry

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.