question

telephonedunkle avatar image
telephonedunkle asked ·

Account linking keeps expiring

Hello,

After the bearer token expires, the account appears as linked in the Alexa phone app (but it's not actually linked), to overcome this problem I have to disable and re-enable the skill again so I can link the account.........and repeat the process the next time the token expires.

1. Users enable the skill.

3. Skill prompts user to link acccounts.

4. User links accounts.

5. n hours later, the account link expires and the user has to disable the skill and do it all over again.

The documentation is a bit vague and I don't quite understand if the refresh token is an automatic process happening somewhere in the backend or if i have to manually set/configure/code something up for the refresh token to work.if so...how?

docco: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/account-linking/configure-authorization-code-grant.html

Note: I'm using the authorization code grant flow with an authorization server in Okta

alexa skills kitaccount linkingapi
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

KirkC@Amazon avatar image
KirkC@Amazon answered ·

Hi. It looks like you also sent this question to us directly via our contact us channel. Please keep an eye out for an e-mail response shortly if you haven't heard back already.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.