question

newuser-a1c537de-786d-4683-8dbe-bf63af254646 avatar image
newuser-a1c537de-786d-4683-8dbe-bf63af254646 asked ·

Charging port moisture error

get Fire 10 error: charging disabled due to moisture detection. But never wet, no moisture (Amazon Forum shows this as common, only solution is warranty return.) However, I'd rather disable unneeded moisture sensor, I will not get it wet. Any of the Settings--Apps--Show System I can Force Stop? (that's an android phone solution, any for Kindle?) Or de we just have to return it when it won't charge due to error?

fire tablet
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Try changing the cable you are using. I had this problem on vacation. I was using a cable I dug out of a drawer. I got the water error the first time I used it. I tried rebooting the tablet. Nothing worked. In desperation I retrieved the short cable I have used to connect my phone in my car. Tried that and it worked perfectly. Some of these cables can't be trusted.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-a1c537de-786d-4683-8dbe-bf63af254646 avatar image
newuser-a1c537de-786d-4683-8dbe-bf63af254646 answered ·

thanks, forum and google didn't have an answer so I thought developers might, but I found one anyway:

Reset and auto updates did not fix it. But when I tapped Check for Updates in settings, device, it found 14 system updates, I installed them, still got error. But I held down power for a minute for hard reset and it worked. Really weird, I'll tell forum.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Please note that this is a forum for Amazon Appstore developers. For assistance with the Amazon devices as an end user, please either:

- post in Amazon Digital and Device Forum: https://www.amazonforum.com/
- contact Amazon Customer Service for support: http://www.amazon.com/customerservice

Thanks!