question

Jimena avatar image
Jimena asked ·

Cannot create a new virtual product on the ACK console: Failed to create error

Hello,

I'm trying to create a prototype following this tutorial https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/ack/steps-to-prototype-a-product.html. But I cannot get pass the Step 1. Create a Virtual product, I follow the instructions on the guide but when I refresh the page after 25 minutes an error message (Failed to create) appears on the product, see image below:

It says that I need to contact the Amazon solution architects for help. I created a case at the Amazon Developer support (https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/contact-us ) but they redirected me here. Do I need to configure my account somehow before creating the virtual product?

Thanks and regads

ack
ack-failed.png (17.9 KiB)
2 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Have you tried logging out and re-login to developer portal and navigate to ACK console? If not, can you try doing it once. Also, try opening the product page in Incognito/Private browser window.

0 Likes 0 ·

I have tried both things but the console is still the same. The product is on the Failed to create state and I cannot create a new virtual product.

0 Likes 0 ·
Veera Manideep Guntupalli avatar image
Veera Manideep Guntupalli answered ·

I have dissociated the product from your account as it was rendering failure for you. You can now go ahead and create a new product through ACK developer console products page.

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, I created another product through the ACK developer console but I had the same issue. After 25 minutes I refreshed the page and the error Failed to create appeared on the product. I also have the "Too many failures occurred when creating the product..." message on the Create Product button. Are there any naming conventions for the fields that may be causing this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Manideep@Amazon, is there any way we can identify the issue to help the developer solve the problem with the virtual product? Have you had the chance to take another look at this? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Veera Manideep Guntupalli avatar image
Veera Manideep Guntupalli answered ·

We are investigating your second product failure. Also, "-" is allowed in product naming. As an alternative, you can try registering to developer portal with a new email id and create a product there.

1 comment

Hi! I created a new developer account and was able to create a virtual product using that account.

0 Likes 0 ·