question

Josef avatar image
Josef asked

Smart Home Skill Certification and Login with Amazon

Hi everyone,

For about a month, I have been trying to get my smart home certified, but I keep failing. This is so frustrating, I hope that someone can help me with this.

My smart home skill uses Login with Amazon (LWA) for account linking – both for the skill and for the device cloud. Technically, it works as expected, I have tested it for weeks.

I want to have my skill certified. I am aware of the information Amazon provides: Functional Testing/Account Linking and Blog Post/Test Account Credentials.

1. When I send the smart home skill for certification to Amazon, I first told the tester team to use any Amazon account for testing. (They work for Amazon, so I assumed that they have Amazon test accounts). However, the skill was rejected because I did not provide the required credentials.

2. So I created a new Amazon account that can be used by Amazon for testing. During account creation, it as mandatory to provide both a phone number and e-mail address. I provided these account credentials to Amazon's test team for the skill certification process.

I am based in Europe, but the test team accesses the newly created test account from Costa Rica. So when they try to access the skill, a one-time password (OTP) is sent to me (either by phone number or by e-mail).

This time, Amazon rejects my skill because they cannot log in as they do not have the OTP.

3. I edited the Amazon account and removed the phone number. Now the OTP is sent by e-mail. I tried to disable the “Two-Step Verification (2SV)”. However, when I open “Login & security” in my account there is no way of disabling 2SV.

Can anyone, please, describe how to resolve this issue?

Thanks you so much in advance,
Josef

account linkingtestingcertificationlogin with amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers