question

macasas avatar image
macasas asked

New Conversations

Hi, I watched the Alexa Live stuff, went into my console, created the example basic Conversation skill node was hosted lang en-US (as that's the only available option for conversations). Changed the invocation name, built the model (which took a very long time, but eventually finished).

Test Console with Lang=US open skill = I'm not sure what went wrong.

Go into device, normally set to en-UK. Skill shows and is Enabled.

Echo Dot with Lang=US, open skill = I'm not sure what went wrong. (Same as test console, error response.)

Echo Dot with Lang=UK open skill = Hmm I don't know that one. (Because it's not available in this lang, so sort of expected).

In the test console I get

"request": {
        "type": "SessionEndedRequest",
        "requestId": "amzn1.echo-api.request.2ba5a3c0-4fe7-4272-ba53-45c1d58ba164",
        "timestamp": "2020-07-23T21:45:39Z",
        "locale": "en-US",
        "reason": "ERROR",
        "error": {
            "type": "INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR",
            "message": "Internal Server Error"
        }
    }

So is this an error in the example? Am I doing something else wrong, like not setting something I need to set. This is the most basic example, running as supplied, so can anyone point into the right direction to get this working?

Thanks.

Update:

I have now created a second developer account, one at amazon.com and the other at amazon.co.uk.

All skills created in the .co.uk account get listed in the Alexa app with devUK

and the skills created in the .com account get listed with devUS

irrespective of which default language is chosen, but the new Conversations feature is available in both accounts if, and only if, I select English US as the default language. So I am assuming its the default language that determines if I can build with Conversations, not the account location.

If new Conversations is only available to US dev accounts, they would not work in my UK account, (giving Internal Server Error), but then why would I be allowed to create the project in the first place in my UK account?

Alexa doesn't recognise any skill in my .com account, so I cannot test them in either the simulator or on device, even with the skills listed, enabled and set for testing in Development.

The Alexa unproductive time-wasting continues.....

alexa-conversations
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James@Amazon avatar image
James@Amazon answered

Hi all,

Good news! The simulator issue has been resolved and is accessible to all locales. Thanks for your patience!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

KirkC@Amazon avatar image
KirkC@Amazon answered

Hi macasas. Thanks for taking the time to report the issue. I've spoken with the appropriate internal engineering team and at the moment, there's a known issue where developers outside of North America may encounter an error when attempting to launch an Alexa Conversations skill.

The good news is that at the moment, I don't think this is an issue with your skill setup. However, I do not have an estimate of exactly when this issue will be addressed. I'll followup on this thread once I have more information to share.

newuser-93b01d82-1933-4a26-82fc-46e6456e39a5 avatar image
newuser-93b01d82-1933-4a26-82fc-46e6456e39a5 answered

Same here with a DE Developer account. Also getting this error when trying to invoke a US language built skill with alexa conversations.

Is there a workaround for non US developers?

1 comment

Hi NewUser-93b01d82-1933-4a26-82fc-46e6456e39a5,

Thanks for reaching out. There's a known issue where developers outside of North America may encounter an error when attempting to launch an Alexa Conversations skill. However, I do not have an estimate of exactly when this issue will be addressed. We will follow up on this thread once I have more information to share.

0 Likes 0 ·
undefined avatar image
undefined answered

Trying this on UK developer, receiving same INTERNAL SERVICE ERROR.

Furthermore, we would like to be able to deploy from our backend but can't since it will overwrite the skill manifest + dialog info. Is there a way we can do this?

ChetanB avatar image
ChetanB answered

Same here with IN account. Its so frustrating, as matter of fact developing skill for my client in US but can't use conversations ! Strange hope Amazon team notices this and enable non-US developer to access conversation for en-US @KirkC@Amazon Thanks

newuser-6e298f12-15bd-4ecd-9046-73720164917f avatar image
newuser-6e298f12-15bd-4ecd-9046-73720164917f answered

I am getting the same error using a JA skill in a US account . Its NOT fixed.

@Tia@Amazon

1 comment

Hi. If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest signing into your Amazon Developer account and reaching out to us using the contact us form below. This will allow us to locate your specific account: https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/contact-us Please be sure to include the skill ID of the skill in question along with any steps to reproduce the issue. With those details we'll be able to reach out to our engineers to escalate the issue.
0 Likes 0 ·