question

newuser-58d44efb-7468-47e4-a404-99a6ad2865b0 avatar image

Problem trying to enable CanFulfillIntentRequest

Hi,

I'm following that guide but it is not working for me.

I see the CanFulfillIntentRequest is from 2018. Is it still in BETA or was removed from Alexa?

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/implement-canfulfillintentrequest-for-name-free-interaction.html#canfulfill-dev-console

I had two problems:

1) ask api does not exists anymore at ask 2.x. So I installed ask 1.7.23 to run the commands.

2) After change skill.json with interface CAN_FULFILL_INTENT_REQUEST I updated my skill and check it with ask api get-skill. It is updated. But the Build / Custom / Interfaces pages is not showing the item CanFulfillIntentRequest to enable it.

Do you know what is happening?

canfulfillintentrequest
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello and thank you for your message.

At the time of this writing, the CanFulfillIntentRequest is still in Beta.

Regarding the problems you listed:

1. Most of the ask api commands from V1 have been replaced by ask smapi. This page contains a list of all the ask smapi subcommands. If the one you are looking for is not there, please let me know.
  2. I have manually changed my skill's skill.json to add the CAN_FULFILL_INTENT_REQUEST interface and deployed. Checking the developer console, I can see that the interface is toggled. Make sure that the manifest is correctly formatted, with all the objects nested in the correct place. This page contains a sample manifest that you can use to compare yours.

Regards,
Barry

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.