question

newuser-bc8c80c3-e7c0-454f-926f-b23b3c0c773d avatar image

Most words on my Title/Description seemed Trademark...?

I'm trying to post my first design and it's been rejected twice. I've changed the language so that the yellow warning signs disappear (apparently the word t-shirt is off limits...?), and still it got rejected.

The product itself is all original, though visually, it does make reference to a Broadway Musical (without copying).

I have no idea what the problem is. I ran a MI Trademark check and words like shirt, lemon, way, crew appeared highlighted in red (of course the name of the musical too). Does that mean that I can't use any of those words?

How can I fix my design/title/description so it gets approved?

Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions, tips, or help!

merch by amazoncopyrightdesign
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Turn2Christ avatar image
Turn2Christ answered

@NewUser-bc8c80c3-e7c0-454f-926f-b23b3c0c773d

Hi and blessings, hope that by the time you read this comment you had already solved your issue.

Remember that "Content Policies" applies to your designs, product names, keywords on the detail page and the brand name selected. One of my designs was recently rejected because the product name, not the design, was Trademarked. I had no idea that someone had actually Trademarked "In God I Trust." ;).

I encourage you to double check your wording and phrases on your design and on ALL of your future designs as well. You can go to the USPTO website to search for Trademarks as well. https://www.uspto.gov/ .

- Hover over "Trademarks" which will be on the right side of the page below "Find It Fast."

- Click on "TESS".

- On the "Select Search Option" section, click "Basic Word Mark Search (New User)."

- In the "Search Term" box type the word/phrases you want to search.

- Click "Submit Query."

Let me know if I can help you with anything else. Don't forget that you can always contact the Merch by Amazon Support Team for issues.

God bless and may you sell lots of T-Shirts. ;)

10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.