question

Chris K avatar image
Chris K asked

APK uploading via Publishing API isn't working. Help?

Hi.

I'm looking to automate the APK uploading to the Appstore using the Amazon Submission API. I've built a CLI to help automate the work but I'm having trouble getting the upload to work.

The steps for uploading the APK is:

1. Authenticate and get an access token
  2. Get an active edit or create a new one
  3. Replace the existing APK in the edit or add a new one
  4. Commit the edit

I'm running into issues at Step (2):

• When I look for active edits, the HTTP response is that there are none; so I move on to creating a new edit
  • When I try to create a new edit, I get an HTTP 412 error and the following response body
{"httpCode":412,"message":"Precondition Failed","errors":[{"errorCode":"error_new_version_creation_not_allowed","errorMessage":"Cannot create a new 'edit' for the app in it's current state."}

What does this error mean? What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to automate APK uploads to the Amazon Appstore?

If you need information on the specific app and Appstore account this refers to , please contact me directly.

Thanks.

apiupload
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting! We've got your Contact Us case about this issue, and will respond there. Thanks!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eugene Detkov avatar image
Eugene Detkov answered

Hey! I have a similar problem. When requesting "edit_id" via a GET request, the response is {}. And when sending a POST request, an error

{"httpCode":412,"message":"Precondition Failed","errors":[{"errorCode":"error_new_version_creation_not_allowed","errorMessage":"Cannot create a new 'edit' for the app in it's current state."}]}

The application has never been submitted for review.

Help me please.