question

Alex Rublinetsky avatar image
Alex Rublinetsky asked

International testing: ISP PURCHASABLE in the simulator, but NOT_PURCHASABLE on a device

I am a US developer (meaning that my dev account is associated with amazon.com marketplace) and I am adding ISP entitlement to an it-IT skill. When I test the skill in the Alexa simulator, the ISP service returns my product as PURCHASABLE, as expected. However, when I configure my device (registered to the same amazon.com account) to use it-IT language and run the same test case, the product returned is NOT_PURCHASABLE (even though otherwise the device speaks Italian and seems to work fine).

For reference, the product ID is amzn1.adg.product.a93ea594-027b-4294-b7c9-d401722a672b.

Is it by design?

If so, then what is the suggested workflow for testing ISP-enabled skills for other marketplaces on real devices? Creating a dev account in each marketplace and registering skills under those separate accounts seems like a recipe for disaster. Also, what to do with skills that support multiple marketplaces? I am probably missing something obvious...

I am somewhat hesitant to solely rely on the simulator and launch skills without testing them on real devices.

alexa skills kitalexa simulatorispinternational
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Alex Rublinetsky avatar image
Alex Rublinetsky answered

Any feedback?

1 comment
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am also running into this same problem.

0 Likes 0 ·