question

Nick Craig-Wood avatar image
Nick Craig-Wood asked

Make modifiedDate settable

My app (rclone) tries to preserve the timestamps on files which are uploaded and downloaded. This doesn't work with Amazon Cloud Drive (unlike Google Drive) as the modifiedDate isn't settable. Would it be possible to make the modifiedDate settable? Failing that could we have a clientDate? Thanks for a great service Nick
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, , Thanks for your patience. I've passed your feedback on to the team. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael P Thwaite avatar image
Michael P Thwaite answered
+1 for that request! Thanks.
10 |5000

rambalac avatar image
rambalac answered
Is it required to be able to update modified date outside of your app? If not you can use additional file node property to preserve your timestamp?
10 |5000

Nick Craig-Wood avatar image
Nick Craig-Wood answered
Ideally being able to update the modified date outside the app. This would make a consistent interface for all users. An additional property would be a possiblity I hadn't considered though. I assume you mean "properties" : { "owner_app_id1": { "key":"value", "key":"value", ...} "owner_app_id2": { "key":"value", "key":"value", ...}, "owner_app_id3": { "key":"value", "key":"value", ...} That would be a possibility.
10 |5000

Mastermind avatar image
Mastermind answered

+1 for that! Having this would make Amazon Drive an acceptable personal backup solution (as photos retain their original dates) and make the $60/yr plan very interesting!

10 |5000