question

Roland Heumesser avatar image
Roland Heumesser asked

PowerController does it make sense to have both proactivelyReported and retrievable set to true concurrently?

I've a PowerController discovered with poactivelyReported and retrievable set to true.
My ChangeReport looks like this:

{
"context": {},
"event": {
"endpoint": {
"endpointId": "2KSchalter01Rechts0019D62A2",
"scope": {
"token": "Atza|...............",
"type": "BearerToken"
}
},
"header": {
"messageId": "d7b5377f-9880-458c-8e83-17bb24d4a5fb",
"name": "ChangeReport",
"namespace": "Alexa",
"payloadVersion": "3"
},
"payload": {
"change": {
"cause": {
"type": "PHYSICAL_INTERACTION"
},
"properties": [
{
"name": "powerState",
"namespace": "Alexa.PowerController",
"timeOfSample": "2020-05-12T11:25:03.766Z",
"uncertaintyInMilliseconds": 5,
"value": "ON"
}
]
}
}
}
}

Unfortunately this asynchronous calls to Event Gateway don't have any effect. The StateReports requested by Alexa Directive work without problems. So I wonder why to have both. If my device allways sends an asynchronous ChangeReport I might don't need the StateReports.

Or how do I get both to work?

Thank you and best Regards

powercontroller
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Hello @Roland Heumesser

Alexa app send out "Report State" at regular interval to your skill and to which your skill will respond back with stateReport event to sync updated details in Alexa app.

ChangeReport directive will be sent to Alexa event gateway whenever any change occurred to device endpoint to sync same details in Alexa app.

So, it always good to have both feature enabled but its upto you which you want to add in your skill.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Roland Heumesser avatar image
Roland Heumesser answered

Thank you for your explanation. When testing with the Powercontroller above I can't see different behavior with or without asynchrounous ChangeReport. The Change report does not throw any error and is shown in Smar-Home-Live-Debugger as beeing received correct.

But the State-Reporting-Test-Tool allways shows the cabability state "DeepQurery : true" and state update in Alexa App only occurs triggered by ReportState.

I'v other "pure-ChangeReport" based running without porblems. But the combination of both don't seem to work.

3 comments
10 |5000

Hey @Roland Heumesser,

Did you tried with troubleshoot steps for changeReport issues?

Check this link to know more about troubleshoot steps.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes I did. As described in may Answer I use the State-Reporting-Test-Tool

Which shows DeepQuery:true as soon as retrievable is set to true (during discovery) "DeepQuery" allways returns true.

on the other hand the smart home life debugger allways show the ChangeReport as valid (no error).

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry for late response.

Do you still get this issue? If yes. let me know we can work together to get this issue fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·