question

Sean Callahan avatar image
Sean Callahan asked

New Feature Development

Please let us know what new features you would like us to support in the Amazon Cloud Drive API.
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

geniusnut avatar image
geniusnut answered
1. The thumbnail for more kinds of medias instead of downloading the whole content. 2. When you delete a node, you should know its parent ID. Is it redundant because of the id itself is unique? Btw, when you guys release the api for the cloud in China( www.amazon.cn/clouddrive)?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

geniusnut avatar image
geniusnut answered
Here is another request, when you guys support the filtering with OR between filters. For example, I want to list the children contains folders and images, The filter like kind:FOLDER OR contentProperties.contentType:(image* OR video*) is not supported.
10 |5000

Sean Callahan answered
Thank you for your feature requests. They have been added to our API product backlog and will be reviewed with the team.
10 |5000

Sean Callahan answered
Thank you for your post. As you know, the Amazon Cloud Drive API is not supported in China and Japan at this time. The Amazon Cloud Drive API will be available in these countries as soon as they are supported by Login with Amazon.
10 |5000

earnol avatar image
earnol answered
A feature request: 1) I would like to be able to partially download file. Specifying bytes range would more than ok. 2) I would like to be able to partially upload file. In general append feature would be extremely desirable. Specifying bytes range would more than ok as well. Metadata api excellent in current state, but file modification api is really lacks these two features. Could you please help me to identify supporting API or add it to feature request list? PS: May be some delta-based API for file modification would be great too.
10 |5000

Nick avatar image
Nick answered
Please clarify: It seems just like your web browser client, Nodes API Download File doesn't support files larger than 10GB. File < 10GB -> download is fine, File > 10GB -> HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error. Seems like the only way to work with larger files is to use the desktop client, but it doesn't allow files selection -> only download all. Nodes API file upload doesn't seem to have resumable upload option. Thanks.
10 |5000

Nick avatar image
Nick answered
Correction, downloads of large files are also failing with desktop app. > Seems like the only way to work with larger files is > to use the desktop client, but it doesn't allow files > selection -> only download all. Nodes API file upload > doesn't seem to have resumable upload option. > > Thanks.
10 |5000

Halfword Software Inc avatar image
Halfword Software Inc answered
Here are the list of features/issues that I suggested our account manager from Amazon. 1) Ability to delete a file/folder. While there is the Trash API and DELETE on the nodes, the files deleted through the API are not "permanently" deleted. This causes issues when the user tries to upload the same file again. Either the Trash API can have a flag for permanently delete or you can expose the DELETE nodes/{id} which I noticed the website uses but restricted for developers. 2) Search API: This is a big one. Currently the Filtering API provides for a way to perform Case Sensitive - Begins With search. It would be great to enable wildcard search with case insensitive. We understand that search can be pretty intensive on the backend servers and limiting the search functionality is key to keep the API speeds. As the indexing improves the search features will expand. Would love to have a separate end point for search and Filtering mainly used for node listing. 3) Shared Files: Currently, I wasn't unable to get the listing of Shared files working. I tried both Filtering isShared=true as well as /shares endpoint which appears to be forbidden. Not sure if it was blocked for developers or a bug is preventing us from accessing it. It would be great to open up the shared files listing as well as include folder sharing. I saw that the folder sharing was suggested by other developers as well. 4) Storage Info: This is not a big deal, but the available storage vs the usage bytes appear to be under 2 endpoints account/quota and account/usage. I have seen in other services that they are returned in a single endpoint. Might be useful for devs to fetch these info in a single call instead of 2. Lastly one big request as a dev is to improve the approval process for the apps that are using the APIs. Most other services do not have any approval process but it is understandable with the conservative approach but we were told that the app approval can take weeks.
10 |5000

Tejwant Singh avatar image
Tejwant Singh answered
HI Nick, You are right. If you have to upload a file > 10 GB, you have to use desktop client. Web is fixing this issue. And we are working on resumable upload support as well. It will be released in next couple of weeks. Regards, Tejwant Singh
10 |5000

Tejwant Singh avatar image
Tejwant Singh answered
Hi unifyapp, Thanks for sharing the feedback. 1) Permanent delete is restricted for developers by design. 2) Case insensitive search support will be released by April 2nd week. Substring search will be released by May 1st week. 3) Sharing is restricted for developers by design. We will re-visit that and update you in case of any changes. 4) Will look into this. App approval process will become faster in coming couple of months. As of now it take 2-3 weeks.
10 |5000