question

newuser-0afc5f7d-e67c-4c91-8251-0a255227e2dc avatar image

App rejected due to 'sensitive event' breach. Asked what breached it, told due to sensitive event breach.

Hello.

I submitted an app for the app store, which then got rejected. It was due to the content breaching the sensitive event policy.

The rejection did not offer any specific information at all whatsoever, so I had no idea what was causing that so I sent a question via the contact form to ask what it was that breached the policy.

I got a response to that this morning:-

"Hi,

Your app contains content that violates our sensitive events policy https://developer.amazon.com/docs/policy-center/restricted-content.html#sensitive-events

Overall, are you satisfied with the resolution? "

This is ridiculous. My app gets rejected with no explanation, so i ask for an explanation and all I get is the broad reason repeated. I know it got for rejected for that reason, that is why I am asking the question.

How do I get an actual answer?

I am starting to wonder if an actual person actually reviews theses apps

In case it helps, it may be worth mentioning that my app is a very simple game - a trivia game merely consisting of national flags for the player to guess the country of the the flag.

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

Regards,

Greg

app submission and updatesappapps
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-ce08ec9f-b2fb-4ad1-987d-6f440c53c055 avatar image
newuser-ce08ec9f-b2fb-4ad1-987d-6f440c53c055 answered

It seems they don't allow convid-19 related apps, don't know if it's the case here.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-0afc5f7d-e67c-4c91-8251-0a255227e2dc answered

Thanks for that, very helpful suggestion.

I will see if I mentioned it, which I may have done in the description somewhere as I have started this new venture as facing financial ruin from the coronavirus killing off my normal work so decided to try something new putting together apps.

If it is the case, I cannot see why Amazon will not just tell me. I want to comply with all the rules totally. I got another pointless response from them this morning. Why do we have to guess? Their response is not in any way answering my question of what is causing the app to breach the sensitive event policy. The app is just about national flags and up and running fine on Google Play Store.

"Hi,

We sell apps to customers in nearly 200 countries, and the type of content that is prohibited in our program varies across those countries. Not all apps are available to customers in all countries. We reserve the right to restrict any app or IAP item from sale in any country where the distribution of that app’s content may violate the country’s laws, cultural norms, or sensitivities.

Overall, are you satisfied with the resolution? "

They didnt even bother offering a link to respond to this time if I wasn't satisfied.

10 |5000

newuser-0afc5f7d-e67c-4c91-8251-0a255227e2dc answered

Just to follow up, I think you were right about the Convid- 19 related apps restriction, so thanks for that. I had mentioned it twice, and after removing it and resubmitting, it got to a further stage of being rejected due to target age & data collection/sdk, so I resolved that by specifying not targeted at under 13s, and now got rejected (device testing stage) as no ads were showing when a video should be playing one for a reward.

The rejection for the target age was kind of anticipated as first time submitting and still getting a feel for the right settings to use. I think the Ads failure was just down to taking a while for the Admob adverts to start filtering through to the newly generated version of the APK.

It is worth mentioning that the rejection about the ads was extremely informative, with a very specific explanation of why it failed to the point of mentioning that going up to the menu and clicking on 'Get coins' failed to then bring up a video. That is in total contrast to the previous rejections and without your suggestion around the virus, I could have still been in the dark as to why it originally failed. It would be very helpful if the other rejections could be improved to provide as useful infomation as the most recent.

Regards,

Greg

10 |5000

newuser-19952907-1dc7-477d-9161-9cf54767736b avatar image
newuser-19952907-1dc7-477d-9161-9cf54767736b answered

So far my experience with Amazon App store getting a video app published has been horrible. And this is one of the reasons. We are using their app creator to publish a City Government Channel. They kicked it back for sensitive content. It's a City that has videos about what the city is currently doing and what the latest ordinances are that have been passed. They kicked it back with literally the same message every time. We've asked for an explanation and they just respond with exactly the same thing. Their feedback process is pretty horrible.

10 |5000

newuser-9883f59f-19c3-4ef0-9df3-aadc8086b57b avatar image
newuser-9883f59f-19c3-4ef0-9df3-aadc8086b57b answered

This is an old post, but I have had a rejection due to understandable Covid-19 rules...

"Thank you for the recent submission of your skill, CoronaCases.

Unfortunately, your skill has not been published on Amazon Alexa.

In an effort to ensure accuracy and consistency of information shared with our customers, we are limiting skills about COVID-19 at this time. As such, your skill will not be published to the catalog. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. "

"accuracy and consistency" - I am a computational biology PhD student... my Skill uses the API at api.coronavirus.data.gov.uk - retrieves the latest and most accurate data available, and presents the latest number of new daily rate of cases and deaths with the date to the requester. One cannot get more accurate than this. Blanket bans are not just reducing disinformation they also kill actual, useful information.

10 |5000