question

Joe Gullo avatar image
Joe Gullo asked

How to undle ISP Unsubscription

Hey there ! I'm implementing in skill purchase in one of my skills to sell a digital subscription. I successfully implemented both subscription and unsubscription processes, there is just one thing that I didn't understand. After unsubscription the user should be still able to access premium contents until the end of his subscription period, but it seems that Alexa doesn't manage such scenario, because after unsubscription the product becomes NOT_ENTITLED and PURCHASABLE, at least in the test sandbox.

Should I handle this by myself or did I miss something ?

alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Rokas avatar image
Rokas answered

I was recently solving the exact same issue and this thread should answer your question.

Basically ISP subscriptions work a bit differently in dev environment. In production that period, when user cancels their subscription and it should still be available, will be handled by alexa, but in development environment it will get cancelled instantly.

Short answer: alexa will handle it, you don't need to do anything in that regard.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.