question

easy avatar image
easy asked

Device with RangeController inside a group

In our skill we added recently the RangeController for blinds. As long as a user controls the device directly the command "Set [device] to 50%" works just fine.

As soon as blinds are added to a group this command does not work anymore. A group with only blinds in it can't set the opening with the command "set [group] to 50%"

As we used the PercentageController this was not an issue.

Is this intended in some way?

smart homesmart home groups
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Please share skill id with us for further investigation.

3 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

amzn1.ask.skill.41a6b24a-cad4-4eab-bea2-292edc822fb7

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello there,

Apologies for late response !!

I have verified your issue on my end and it didn't work for me too when added in group. I have raised your issue with our internal team and they are looking into your issue. Please allow us some more time to fully debug and come up with solution.

I will share updates once I will get information from them.

Thank you for your co-operation !!

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello easy,

We heard back from our internal team and they informed us that Alexa.RangeController , Alexa.ModeController and Alexa.ToggleController are not supported from Group features.

I am working to keep this information updated to our tech documents.

1 Like 1 ·
Hiergeist avatar image
Hiergeist answered

there is already news. when will the error be corrected?

10 |5000