question

Cereal avatar image
Cereal asked

How to upload 8mb json file for use by alexa hosted skill?

Hi,

I have an Alexa skill that I would like to access a .json file, I have been trying to figure out how I can upload it to the Alexa hosted skill so that I can access the data from within the Lambda function.

I tried numerous things that I thought would work and am wondering if the file size of 8 mb is an issue, or just the amount of time it takes to read is resulting in a triggered intent timing out or something.

Any one have any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks in advance

Shaun

alexa skills kituploadhosted skillfilesize
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Pan@Amazon avatar image
Pan@Amazon answered

8mb is a lot of memory and an Alexa session only stays open for a few seconds. Try breaking up the JSON into smaller chunks. It will also help your skill perform better as well.

Alexa-hosted does come with 5gb of S3 storage that you can use. You can find more information about it here: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/hosted-skills/build-a-skill-end-to-end-using-an-alexa-hosted-skill.html

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.