question

D. Acker avatar image
D. Acker asked

429 Errors

I keep on seeing this when I try to do something with the Cloud Drive:

2015-07-08 02:26:25: Waiting for 30 sec on verb GET: Server says: Too Many Requests (status code 429): Rate exceeded

What is the request limit? Is it based on a IP address?

amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sindy@Amazon avatar image
Sindy@Amazon answered

Hi everyone! This recent 429 error issue is being addressed (as of June 15th, 2016). We will update the sticky post (listed below) when a fix has been identified/implemented:

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/29427/429-error-please-back-off-for-a-while-and-try-agai.html

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Uwe avatar image
Uwe answered
It's not based on IP address and it starts to get annoying. I have this now for nearly every request (about 1/100 of my requests work). There is another thread/issue on github acd-cli: https://github.com/yadayada/acd_cli/issues/74 Quite a few people seem to have this problem now, is there any official response what these limits are exactly?
10 |5000

galiania avatar image
galiania answered
We are having the same problem with our application, so all customers using us to connect to Amazon Cloud get the 429 error. I could reproduce it by simply creating a folder in the Amazon Cloud repository. Please fix this asap
10 |5000

WillyN avatar image
WillyN answered
The users on my app are reporting the same thing. This makes my app but completely unusable for several users. Please let us know whats happening asap.
10 |5000

Sean Callahan avatar image
Sean Callahan answered
Thank you for your post. At this time we do not publish rate limits for development and production. We have received multiple reports of developers receiving a 429 Rate Exceeded response from the Amazon Cloud Drive API. We are investigating the issue at the moment to identify the root cause. If you would like to email clouddrive-api-support@amazon.com and provide us with your client id that would be helpful. We will post more details when we have them.
10 |5000

Sean Callahan avatar image
Sean Callahan answered
We found the root cause of the issue. We enabled new throttling behavior and rolled back our changes as soon as we understood the impact to developers like yourself. The Amazon Cloud Drive API is now normalizing as the roll back nears 100% deployment. We apologize for this issue and inconvenience it may have caused you and your customers. Please feel free to email clouddrive-api-support@amazon.com if you have any further questions.
10 |5000

galiania avatar image
galiania answered
Thanks for the quick fix, Sean! It is looking much better today. Cheers!
10 |5000

galiania avatar image
galiania answered
Good morning, We are having the Rate exceeded message again today. Could you please look into it? Thank you!
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for the post! While we support uploads up to 50 GB file size, we are aware that large file uploads are fragile and end up in connection failures or with other issues. To mitigate this, we are working on a 'Resumable Uploads' feature; similar to 'Chunked Uploading'. I cannot provide an ETA on this right now, but we are working on this. With the addition of 'Resumable Uploads', uploads may still fail as they are uploading, but they will resume from where they failed in the next try. Thanks! Jamie
10 |5000

Luke H. Helm avatar image
Luke H. Helm answered
Hello, I am unable to upload the vast majority of the content that I need to through either the Cloud Drive client app or through GoodSync. GoogSync keeps reporting the 429 errors. This renders the service essentially unusable for any kind of reliable back-up/ retrieval.
10 |5000