question

newuser-5a23e822-9051-407e-8555-5e6fe977b454 avatar image
newuser-5a23e822-9051-407e-8555-5e6fe977b454 asked ·

HELP Why is our app Amazon Content Policy Not compliant

Hello ,

Our app has been tested on various Fire OS android devices. It works just fine. However, it gets rejected because it is Amazon Content Policy Not compliant:

"We are unable to test your app as it does not function as intended. The app exits/ force closes/ freezes/ displays an error message after being launched. Please fix the issue and re-submit the app"

Does anyone know why that might happen? We used Unity to develop our game. Our game has IAP. If user is not signed in with Amazon credentials, she / he still can use free features of the app.

Is that possible for us to obtain any more details on the problem? Screenshots?

thank you

app submission and updatescontent
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

I see that you have already written into our support team using the Contact Us form and they should be contacting you soon with more details.

Thanks,

Mike

5 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hey,

Same issue I am facing for my app. I tried to contact on the contact us form more than 3 times. But I did not receive any response. Can you assist me in what to do?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike@Amazon avatar image Mike@Amazon ♦ newuser-fc7a3c95-6071-4862-a0eb-efeb4722a744 ·

Hi,

As this issue is related to one specific app, we aren't able to comment in the public forum. However, I see that a member of our support team is working on your issue and should be in contact soon.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
Yeup avatar image Yeup Mike@Amazon ♦ ·

Mike,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this developer here. But it appears that Amazon universally gives extremely vague and/or off-topic reasons for failure to comply with certification issues.

I've developed for Amazon, Google Play Store, Roku and Apple TV. Amazon is absolutely the worst about indicating exactly what the problem is in the original decline in the app submission process.

Everyone's workload, including Amazon's, could be reduced tremendously if Amazon would at least attempt to explicitly provide accurate reasons why a submission is being held up.

Just recently I submitted to Amazon an app and it failed. The reason as stated was "We are unable to test your app due to install/launch failure in all compatible devices."

That might be true. I know for a fact it ran on at least one device at Amazon because I tracked Amazon's usage of the app in my backend server logs.

Yet just one line below the stated "reason" in the rejection email a link is provided to Amazon's "Content Policy' rules.

So Mike, You tell me, "Am I supposed to chase my tail all over the place trying to track down an unknown device the app will not launch?" Or am I supposed to "Determine which of the Content Policy rules the app broke?"

As I noted, vague information wastes a lot of people's time, including yours.

I know Amazon can do better. Amazon certainly expects it from me, I expect it from Amazon!

1 Like 1 ·
amazon-fail.jpg (26.9 KiB)
Show more comments
newuser-ca1b81a4-7e01-4833-b732-a797272c5a87 avatar image
newuser-ca1b81a4-7e01-4833-b732-a797272c5a87 answered ·

We are running into the same error. We tried app testing service, ran 10 tests, and they all passed. The error does not give any more details.