question

david bryan bass avatar image
david bryan bass asked

Creating a Photo Album via Cloud Drive REST API

Hi, I can create a folder using the API just fine. But is there a special attribute or other mechanism for creating a photo album? Thanks for any guidance! Bryan
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david bryan bass answered
Any thoughts on this one? I've done some more digging through the docs but I can't find anything specific. I suspect I'm missing something obvious but any guidance is appreciated. Thanks! Bryan
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Apologies for the delay in response! I believe Albums have just been released, but I will pass this to the team as a feature request to be accessed programmatically. Thanks! Jamie
10 |5000

david bryan bass answered
Thanks for the response! I imagine that means that the only way to accomplish this would be to have the user convert the folder (that was created via API) into an album. Is that right? I ask in case there's a different API that might work for this. Thanks again!
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there! Thats sounds like the only way it would be possible at the moment, but I'll add your feedback to the request as I do see the need for this. Unfortunately, I cannot give an ETA on this. Thanks! Jamie
10 |5000

Shane Dickson avatar image
Shane Dickson answered
I'm not sure I understand the usefulness of an "album", but I'm being asked by a couple of users why my app doesn't show their albums that they created via the Cloud Drive website. Is there a plan to update the API to include support for albums?
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman answered
I've added this as a feature request, but support should still be added. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an ETA on this however. Jamie
10 |5000

newuser-7ffdb76f-4822-45f6-8ced-a8308380c655 avatar image
newuser-7ffdb76f-4822-45f6-8ced-a8308380c655 answered

Any progress on this, three years later?

10 |5000