question

randomgenius avatar image
randomgenius asked ·

Warehouse Item Location

So, I work in a warehouse setting and it would be immensely valuable to be able to ask Alexa where an item is located (aisle and slot), rather than find a computer to get the same information. What can be done, and how difficult would it be? We currently have over 5,000 items in our warehouse.

I just want to be able to ask Alexa to locate an item number and then get the aisle and slot for that item. Shouldn't be too difficult, but I am having trouble figuring it out on my own. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, with my company having so many different items, being able to pull this info from a spreadsheet would be extremely helpful.

custom interfaces
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered ·

Hi @randomgenius and thanks for your interest in Alexa.

What you are asking is definitely doable with a skill. Our Evangelism team has recently launched a YouTube video series showing how to create a skill from scratch. I suggest you take a look at the blog post announcing it for more information.

Regards,
Barry

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.