question

newuser-a0c91735-7905-4bdb-b2bb-56ee48f19701 avatar image

Don’t change WiFi AP

If ACK was connected to a WiFi AP once, ACK goes to connect with the same AP each time.

Could you tell us how to change WiFi AP.

new-topic
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Karunish@Amazon avatar image
Karunish@Amazon answered

If you are connected to ACK Module via screen, I would try running the CLI command

devkit start_registration user_guided

Reboot your module, go back to Settings of your device on Alexa App and try to change Wi-Fi network on it.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DanM avatar image
DanM answered

I am having the same problem. I cannot connect to the device anymore via Alexa app either. Is there a way to reset/clear the registration information using the Java utility? I have already updated to the latest firmware and that didn't help.

I do not see this CLI command listed anywhere in the CLI utility reference :

1. devkit start_registration user_guided
1 comment
10 |5000

Veera Manideep Guntupalli avatar image Veera Manideep Guntupalli commented ·
devkit start_registration user_guided 

Above command is not available in Module Utility CLI, but available in ACK module firmware CLI. You can connect your ACK module via PUTTY or screen command to terminal and run below command to clear the registration information.

devkit factory_reset 

Alternate is to factory reset the ACK module to module provisioned state and then re-provision with your product. Refer online documentation at: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/ack/module-utility-cli-reference.html#reverttomoduleprovisioned

0 Likes 0 ·
DanM avatar image
DanM answered

Update (also posted to another similar thread)...

Ok, I have finally solved my problem by connecting a USB cable to the debug port on the ACK shield board (with the Arduino still connected).

This port enumerated as serial comport #11 on my PC, but yours may differ. The trickiest part was figuring out the baud rate. Turns out it is 115200. I suppose I could've looked through the sample code or the libraries to figure that out, but really this should be documented somewhere on the ACK developer site in the specs.

Anyway, once I figured that out, I used the command to re-register, which is "devkit start_registration user_guided". Then continue with normal registration in the Alexa app. If that doesn't work, there is also a cmd to clear out the registration info which should achieve the same result in a few extra steps. Also there appears to be entire menu of debug port items that look pretty useful but are not documented anywhere (at least that I could find).

$ ?

version - Prints version information

wifi_network - Wi-Fi network management operations

devkit - Module control and state operations

crypto - Cryptography-related operations

simple_setup - Wi-Fi Simple Setup operations

otw - Over-the-wire firmware update operations

logging - Logging operations

reboot - Reboots the module

It would be really nice if you guys could document this somewhere on the ACK developer website. I didn't find it by a browser search and there is really no reason for it not to be there. I was able to update the FW using the Java utility. That, on the other hand, seems to be fairly well documented. Hope that helps the others.

10 |5000