question

23AppCo avatar image
23AppCo asked

Limit which users can interact with the skill?

I'm in the planning phase of a skill and thinking of all the worse case scenarios that would make this app worthless. One of my snags with this skill is not allowing certain people to interact with the skill in the household. I'm thinking this app is geared more for the parents to manage the moderator functions but still want the kids to be able to interact with lower role functions. Is it possible to code it that way? although I'm not sure what that would look like. I'm baffled at the moment.

useriduservoice
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rokas avatar image
Rokas answered

You could try to use voice profiles, where for your kids voice profile you would give that lower level functionality while your voice would get a full access.

I cannot think of any other way how to handle this. Anyone can use any skill on your alexa device, except if you want to constantly sign-out and pair the device to another account.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

23AppCo avatar image
23AppCo answered

Thank you RokasV, this is a good start for me to research. I will post an findings or solutions I stumble upon.

10 |5000