question

newuser-22a153af-997c-404b-8bc9-70120f9776f5 avatar image
newuser-22a153af-997c-404b-8bc9-70120f9776f5 asked ·

Third party “reselling” my design aka they stole it

So I found my shirt design on a third party seller site. On amazon I only have my design listed for a premium shirt. This site has my design on other items like hoodies, long sleeves etc.

I emailed a take down notice and received this

“We crawler all t-shirts from amazon, list them on our site and when somebody buys one, we buy it from amazon but still charge the buyer $7 shipping. So you get paid, Amazon gets paid and I get paid. It’s basically free advertisement for you.

Currently, this t shirt has not been ordered by anyone, therefore we do not have invoivce confirmation of the order between Our store and Amazon.

If you still don't want that, we will remove your design from my website.

Thank you!”

So basically they are lying because they are selling this on other products. I posted this in a Facebook group and someone found whoever owns that site is also running a shirt printing business.
I tried to email amazon to tell them what is going along and if they are ok with third party sellers doing this (especially if they purchase through prime). I keep getting the run around.

Hopefully they will take my item down soon, so I don’t have to do more, but I’m wondering if anyone has come across this.

merch by amazondesign
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Muzehack avatar image
Muzehack answered ·

Amazon is well aware and to date has done nothing about this issue. You can take the title of any of your shirts that sell on Amazon and google it and it will be listed word for word with all your bullet points and description on 10 different 3rd party sites, chances are the urls for the images will even be coming from Amazon's servers. You email these sites and it the email is valid they ignore it, you can report to Google Shopping or Google Ads and they will say they are taking it down and a month later it will still be there. It's just par for the course.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.