question

ambientmelodies avatar image
ambientmelodies asked

"Your skill content does not qualify for the Amazon In-Skill purchasing service." - but why??

I'm confused as to why a recent certification failure got a failure. They didn't say much other than:

"Your skill content does not qualify for the Amazon In-Skill purchasing service. Please remove in-skill purchasing functionality and resubmit."

But there are similar skills that got approved that I read on the blog and followed like so: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/04bb2b8b-0a94-443b-a378-2de443779a64/invoked-apps-adds-in-skill-purchasing-to-fuel-growth-and-financial-success, so I'm surprised mine isn't getting approved. After a year of work it would be nice to get more information instead of an auto response, but doubt I will get answers.

Note: There are 140 ambient sound skills with ISP, 3 were approved in the last few months.

alexa skills kitalexa voice servicealexaalexa for business
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

What content were you looking to provide with ISP ?

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Andy, just sleep sounds, similar to the rain sounds, etc that are already on alexa like invoked apps, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·

It won't go to waste, i'll use the developer one though if they don't approve it, just wasn't expecting a failure after reading examples on the developer blog, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
ambientmelodies answered

Anyone have an answer? It's actually been almost a year since I've worked on this, would like to no why my skill doesn't qualify. Similar skills have been approved... https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/04bb2b8b-0a94-443b-a378-2de443779a64/invoked-apps-adds-in-skill-purchasing-to-fuel-growth-and-financial-success

@KirkC@Amazon @barry@amazon @Jason@amazon any help is appreciated.

10 |5000

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

Does the skill offer free content with ISP unlocking additional paid-for content ?

If *all* content was behind ISP then that would be against Amazon's ISP terms.

5 comments
10 |5000

Hi Andy, Thanks for the response! Yes I offer 12 free sounds and 12 premium sounds that can be accessed with ISP. I made some tweaks to the product over the last few months to meet there ISP terms and now I really don't why they are failing it. Hoping they give me more feedback than an auto response.

0 Likes 0 ·

They responded with an another auto response: "Thank you for contacting us. Currently, the content of your skill doesn’t qualify for ISP and we will not be publishing your skill at this time. In-skill purchasing service is still relatively new to Alexa, and we are slowly opening up what types of content we support through the service. Please remove the ISP function and resubmit your skill to certification."

My best guess is that they are no longer allowing ambient sounds unless it's free?

I'd like more information but I don't know if I'll get it.

0 Likes 0 ·

And I'm trying to make a living off this, so free is not an option.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
ambientmelodies answered

Latest feedback "In-skill purchasing service (ISP) is still relatively new to Alexa, and we are slowly opening up what types of content we support through the service. We reviewed your skill, Ambient Melodies: sleep and ambient sounds, and decided that its content is not supported with ISP."

Does this mean they don't support ambient sounds with ISP? I was hoping for more direction than the above feedback. Should I stop working on this skill?

10 |5000

ambientmelodies answered

Just published my free skill :(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0854JFDV3/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Ambient+Melodies%3A+sleep+and+ambient+sounds&qid=1582647276&sr=8-2

I'd like to create more skills in the wellness category but have no idea if they'll get approved for ISP, if anyone has ideas on how to monetize let me know.

10 |5000