question

Neil Flannery avatar image
Neil Flannery asked ·

Slow backup with syncbackpro to ACD

Hi Has anybody being experiencing poor upload speeds through syncbackpro to Amazon Cloud Drive since the Amazon's problems a couple of weeks ago? I used to upload at 20-30Mbs but now its crawling at 700Kbs and I am on a gig up/down Its driving me mental and can't seem to find anything on the Internet about it Am I the only one experiencing this? Has Amazon throttled upload speeds?
amazon drive
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie@Amazon avatar image
Jamie@Amazon answered ·
Hi guys, As previously mentioned in the thread, get in touch with us if you believe that you are experiencing throttled speeds or are having any issues in particular, and we will do our best to assist in the matter. As stated, please provide info including: - customer id - timezone, - when the uploaded commenced (start and finish) - where the upload took place (desktop uploder, browser, etc) - any other information you may feel relevant If there is indeed an issue, we could definitely use this information to see if there is a pattern or trend of these sort of issues, so that it can be prioritized accordingly. Get in touch with us directly with this sort of information here: https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/contact/contact-us Thanks, Jamie

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie@Amazon avatar image
Jamie@Amazon answered ·
Hey there, Nothing serious has changed on our side to impact our latencies. I'd suggest getting in touch with syncback pro to see if they have changed anything. Regards, Jamie

Mitch Arends avatar image
Mitch Arends answered ·
I also have same issue with SyncBackPro. I am only getting a max speed of ~512 KBps. Did you ever get this resolved with Amazon and/or 2BrightSparks?

rambalac avatar image
rambalac answered ·
Probably it's throttled by app id because of more users of that app? When you register your app you should define limit for connections number in Amazon developer console.

Neil Flannery avatar image
Neil Flannery answered ·
I reinstalled my Operating system and my speed went back to an acceptable level for about 5-6 day of around 5-15Mbps, now they have reverted back to 850Kbps What is the problem? are you throttled if you go above a certain upload level? is there any possible way to fix the upload speed with Sync back pro? Even the native ACD app crawls at 3Mbps

Jeff Muntley avatar image
Jeff Muntley answered ·
I have been a paid user since last October, and have only once gotten good speeds - when the new cloud drive app was updated - that weekend I got 20MB uploads, whatever you changed, then it went back to being slow after 2 days. Consistently before and after that, I have been getting a maximum upload of 3MB/s. This is pathetic. I logged with support and never heard anything back despite having spoke with a support team member in South Africa and he assured me they would investigate and get back to me. I have tried all other backup software (SBP, ARQ etc) and those speeds are clearly [b]even more throttled[/b] than your native CloudDrive app is (I have achieved a consistent maximum speed of ~860kbps) with all third party apps. I do not abuse the service, I have around 12TB storage and do not plan to keep more than 20TB in total. Yet my speeds are always throttled and it is a pain trying to upload files. Support is non existant as I see you have not addressed Mr Flannery's ticket as yet, which is why I am bumping this issue. Also like OP, my server has Gigabit bandwidth, with guaranteed minimum upload/downloads of 500MB so don't give me any excuses that the issue lies on my side.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·
Thanks for posting. Please note that Cloud Drive service does not throttle upload (or download) bandwidth. @Neil / @Jeff If you have the exact time at which a slow upload completed (including the timezone), the file name, and your customer id, we could then investigate. Please use the Contact Us link in your Distribution Portal account: https://developer.amazon.com/help/contact-us.html and along with that info paste this forum thread's URL in your message. Thanks!

neodark7 avatar image
neodark7 answered ·
I have the exactly same issue than Jeff... My support team was not in South Africa but in India apperently.... and was totally useless too...

Jeff Muntley avatar image
Jeff Muntley answered ·
Just chasing this issue up, I have been in discussion with my ISP and have conducted speedtests and confirm that the issue is not related to their service at all, which I already suspected, it has to be ACD throttling users. This past week again I have been getting a solid 3MBps upload rate which is the max I have ever achieved, and the consistency of this doesn't make any sense other than you are throttling my upload speeds, and those of others as is evident in this thread, but yet fail to address this issue.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·
Thanks Jeff, We need a concrete data to look into and analyze. Therefore, like I mentioned earlier, if you have the exact time at which a slow upload completed (including the timezone), the file name, and your customer id, we could then investigate. For that, please use the Contact Us link in your Distribution Portal account: https://developer.amazon.com/help/contact-us.html and along with that info paste this forum thread's URL in your message. Thanks!