question

newuser-bf99e99c-9584-4a5c-8932-ee9625b7aac0 avatar image

Virtual Contact and Motion Sensor - Routine When - This device is not currently supported

Hi,

I have written some code that alexa is calling to discover two devices, a motion sensor and a contact sensor. When i try and use these sensors as the start of a routine i get an error saying "This device is not currently supported"

Does my skill need to be published for this to work?

my endpoints json is currently hard coded

{

"endpointId": "appliance-001zsdsdfsdfsdf",

"manufacturerName": "Sample Manufacturer",

"description": "Contact Sensor Test",

"friendlyName": "Contact Sensor Test",

"displayCategories": [

"CONTACT_SENSOR"

],

"capabilities": [

{

"type": "AlexaInterface",

"interface": "Alexa.ContactSensor",

"version": "3",

"properties": {

"supported": [

{

"name": "detectionState"

}

],

"proactivelyReported": true,

"retrievable": true

}

},

{

"interface": "Alexa",

"version": "3"

}

]

},

{

"endpointId": "appliance-001zsdsdfsdfsdffgsdgd345345345",

"manufacturerName": "Sample Manufacturer",

"description": "Motion Sensor Test",

"friendlyName": "Motion Sensor Test",

"displayCategories": [

"MOTION_SENSOR"

],

"capabilities": [

{

"interface": "Alexa.MotionSensor",

"version": "3",

"properties": {

"supported": [

{

"name": "detectionState"

}

],

"proactivelyReported": true,

"retrievable": true

}

},

{

"interface": "Alexa",

"version": "3"

}

]

}

smart homeroutines
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-bf99e99c-9584-4a5c-8932-ee9625b7aac0 avatar image
newuser-bf99e99c-9584-4a5c-8932-ee9625b7aac0 answered

This morning i attempted to use one of my devices as the when clause to a routine and its working great now. So not sure why it wouldnt work yesterday. I can now send alexa event from my code that can be used to trigger routines.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Phil McGee avatar image
Phil McGee answered

It works fine on dev skills. To get it triggering in routines, you need to implement async changeReport which also means your skill will have to support the AcceptGrant directive for you to set up the authorization to POST the changeReports. Search and you shall find.

1 comment
10 |5000

I have implemented account linking, send alexa events ( async reporting), endpoints have "proactivelyReported": true, i can generate an access token using the my refresh token that was collect during the acceptGrant process, i can see the device state changing in alexa app when I send a change report for the endpoint state. I just can't add the device to a routine when clause as per my screenshot.

0 Likes 0 ·