question

newuser-faf7a9b1-07ab-4521-96c1-d10291e8d5f5 avatar image

Update Slot Values Dynamically during dialog

Hi everyone,

my skill is using dynamic slot values a lot. However, they are all loaded at launch request (.addDirective with Dialog.UpdateDynamicEntities). I did not have too much luck trying to update them during a dialog to be able to listen for different options based on what the user said in an earlier stage of the dialog.

To me, it looks like I can only update the dynamic Slot Values at the very end of an intent.

Is there any way of doing this after each question in a dialog?

alexa skills kitslotsdialog modeldialog directivedynamic entities
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marlon avatar image
Marlon answered

Same problem here, can anyone help?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Phil McGee avatar image
Phil McGee answered

While we're at it, how about adding DynamicEntities in a RequestInterceptor so they are available *before* the intent is processed?

3 comments

Am I correct in assuming that this will do the same as it already does by loading all of the dynamic entities in the launch request?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi,

dynamic entities can be sent as a result of an Intent response, hence, LaunchRequest is supported. Please check this reference:

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/use-dynamic-entities-for-customized-interactions.html#use-of-dynamic-entities-in-an-intent-response

Regards,
Gaetano

0 Likes 0 ·

Yeah it will be cool if we can have dynamic entities before. It will solve the problem of opening a skill with "open ... and ..." that as for now can't use dynamic entities

0 Likes 0 ·