question

Kliment Nenov avatar image
Kliment Nenov asked

[WARNING] Amazon App Store team are totally incompetent and constantly demonstrate unprofessional behavior

I have huge problems with Amazon App Store team and their unprofessional behavior. They ruined visibility and number of installs of my apps since August 2019 and refuse to resolve the problem or to explain me the reason for this issue.

I have already asked them for information about the reduced device compatibility for almost all of my applications since August 2019. My questions are still unanswered which is very frustrating. The "reduced device compatibility" ruined number of installs of my applications and respectively my income. They dropped from XX000 monthly downloads to 220 monthly installs since August 2019. When I publish new app or update an existing app, Amazon App Store team said in their mails that:

"Your recent submission, APPLICANION_NAME version X.X.X, was successfully published and is now LIVE on Amazon Appstore with reduced device compatibility (app failed on 17 devices)."

My application is "LIVE on Amazon Appstore" but because of the "reduced device compatibility" it is totally invisible to users and in fact it is like unpublished (NOT LIVE).

I have already sent them a lot of messages about this problem but they are still unanswered. This is very disappointing because the problem is huge and I expect from them to resolve it with the appropriate professionalism or at least to provide me some reliable information.

amazon appstoreapp submission and updates
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hotlittlewhitedog avatar image
hotlittlewhitedog answered

Same for me :(

2 downloads this month instead of 50-80 !

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hotlittlewhitedog avatar image
hotlittlewhitedog answered

Klimbo, we have to escalate the problem :D

In this topic, let's try to find some Amazon developers (maybe senior) on internet (youtube, FB...) that maybe will escalate the bugs of publishing.

I found this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazonWebServices

with a lot of people of AWS.

2 comments
10 |5000

I found this: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories

all the jobs at Amazon, I think we will get some emails :D

0 Likes 0 ·

Yop Klimbo, Amazon is a black box but I found a solution: contact some big youtubers making demo of Amazon TV stick 4k... (and all kind of TV, androix box, smart TV...) and explain them the problem. It will give them the idea to create a video and maybe a buzz.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-8f1af7d9-a4fa-4135-8a34-6cbf54c36e5d avatar image
newuser-8f1af7d9-a4fa-4135-8a34-6cbf54c36e5d answered

I am having the same problem. My app was rejected because of "Your app contains content that violates our sensitive events policy". But my app only streams a local Spanish TV content about economy and culture. That content is streamed for free and my app just acts as a media player avoiding the users opening the web browser and looking for the TV web page. My app does accomplish their policies, but they don't answer to all the case I opened..

Those people are totally incompetent.

I will recommend to my users to avoid Firestick and buying sticks from another brands that can use Google Play Store.

10 |5000

Jacek avatar image
Jacek answered

There will be Amazon Fire TV webinar (link) on July 8th that will also have a Q&A section: 'we'll be live to answer all your questions'. So, that may be your chance at least to submit your questions (I guess, they will not be answered, still may be worth to submit). Also, you can find the info about it on Amazon Dev twitter @AmazonAppDev, and maybe you can pre-submit your questions there, as those tweets will be more visible.

10 |5000