question

Ottes avatar image
Ottes asked

alexa.amazon.com vs alexa.amazon.de - can't test/install my (beta) skill

My Echo Dot is already installed and connected to my FireTV Stick and everything is working fine. I did this with my amazon account with emailA@B.com.
Then i went to my developer Account (emailB@B.com) and built a skill (with custom hosted backend), everything is working fine, then i wanted to test this Skill with my Echo. After i've read, that the E-Mail has to be the same, i changed my main amazon e-mail to emailB.

After that didn't help, i've read some more tutorials and stuff and decided to publish a beta version of my skill, but with no plans to ever publish it, it's a very specific thing with my specific web service. I did it, published it to emailB. So far so good.

My echo is connected to alexa.amazon.de (also my App on the mobile, everythings fine and if can prevent it, i don't want to change this. But when using the deeplink to install the beta, it sends me to alexa.amazon.com (com!), where the system wants me to re-install my echo device.

After some e-mail conversation with the support and only getting copy&paste answers, that showed me, that the supporter didn't read my mails at all, i was sent here. Hopefully you can help me, with this tricky situation.

If you say, i've got to re-install everything with alexa.amazon.com, it's okay, but preventing this, would be nice, even i don't know, if this would work at all.

alexaskillsdeveloper portal
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ottes avatar image
Ottes answered

Well, okay, i just tried to re-install the echo via alexa.amazon.com, which was just reconnecting the same wifi network, then i get redirected to ....de, even for the beta install link and everything is fine. Crazy amazon

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.