question

newuser-b2c26939-8819-4e69-a402-d84c83749e5e avatar image

How to implement canfulfillintentrequest for a custom skill in the portal

Hi,

I have this custom skill created in the portal (so I don't have a code but a json script in the json editor), and I am trying to enable the canfulfillintentrequest interface and add the logic to the skill so that I can interact with my skill name-free. I do not know how to add logic to the skill. BTW, the skill endpoint is an external endpoint which points to my azure AI bot. If anybody could help me with this I really appreciate it.

alexa skillscanfulfillintentrequestazure
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Rokas avatar image
Rokas answered

To be honest I wouldn't bother with can fulfil request. It doesn't work great and most of the time it doesn't work at all. I answered question why is that in this thread, but in short can fulfil doesn't guarantee that your skill will become invocable without invocation name. You might have a chance, if alexa service decides that it can be invoked, but that chance is very slim, because alexa service uses CFIR as a last resort to return some sort of response to the user.

I have a few skills that have CFIR implemented, but it gets invoked like max 5 times a month, which is minuscule. I would recommend you to not bother with it.

2 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

this is very pointless then. it's not a great application if every time the user needs to say "Alexa ask [invocation name] to ....".

Is there anyway to make this better??

1 Like 1 ·
Rokas avatar image Rokas newuser-b2c26939-8819-4e69-a402-d84c83749e5e ·

I agree with you and unfortunately there is no other way currently to invoke skill without invocation name. I suggest you to create this feature request or upvote existing ideas in usetvoice alexa webspace: here.

1 Like 1 ·