question

rookielearner avatar image
rookielearner asked

Mobile associates application key.

Hi, I am new to mobile associates API. In the page https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-associates under section 'How to get started',its been given that [b]"Get an Application Key by clicking on your app under My Apps or adding a new app."[/b] I am planning to release my app on both play store and amazon app store. I have already created an app in my dashboard(My app is not live yet). Currently I am using the same application key for both my play store and amazon app store versions of the app. [ AssociatesAPI.initialize(new AssociatesAPI.Config(SAME_APP_KEY_HERE, this)); ] Should I create a new app in my amazon developer dashboard and use separate key for my playstore version or is the same app key for both versions ok?
mobile associates
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, I believe either key will technically work, but it would likely be a good idea to simply create a shell application for the Google Play version so tracking and reporting is easier and you can differentiate between the two apps. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rookielearner avatar image
rookielearner answered
Hi Nick, Thanks for the reply. One of the conditions for the usage of mobile associates API is that "Apps that use the Amazon Mobile Associates API may be distributed through any Android platform as long as they are available through the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Program.". If I simply create a Shell application for the Google Play version and use the key for my play store version, how does Amazon track whether the same app is available through Amazon App Distribution program?
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, The application in each store must be substantially the same, using a shell application would not comply with this requirement. -Nick
10 |5000

Isabella Smith avatar image
Isabella Smith answered
10 |5000