question

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth asked

Alexa repeats buy/cancel prompt

I'm adding ISP to an existing live skill and am encountering some odd behavior in development testing.

When I issue a buy/cancel directive, Alexa issues the buy/refund speech successfully but when I confirm the purchase/refund then sometimes Alexa repeats the buy/cancel speech multiple times and then the skill session terminates. Looking at the cloudwatch logs, everything appears OK, I can see the Connections.Response coming into my Lambda indicating that the buy/cancel has been accepted. I then respond with some speech for the next phase of the skill. But this speech is never uttered as Alexa is still repeating the Buy/Cancel prompt.

I'm baffled here, I can only put this down to something Amazon side to do with ISP for my development account.

Has anyone else experienced something similar ? I'll raise a support call too for Amazon to investigate further.

Thanks.

alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

Plugged in an old Dot device last night and tried the skill again. No repeating ISP prompts ! Try the skill on a Spot or an Echo (v2) and I get the repeating prompts, very strange.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.