question

Sven & Angus avatar image
Sven & Angus asked ·

Why are Content Violation reports not sent directly to the Merch account holder?

I had a public domain design from the 1700s removed due to a "Content Violation" report. After at least a dozen responses proving this was in the public domain, the only responses I ever received from any address at Amazon was "We cannot currently accept your appeal because we could not identify the report or account you are appealing for" and "We cannot accept your appeal because it does not address the report we received from the rights owner." Eventually I figured out that a phrase in my product name had been trademarked after my product had been live for years (over ten years with other venders). I could have gotten this resolved immediately had I been given a copy of the actual report. This needs to be resolved. Designers that should be in good standing are being made to look like they don't follow or respect the law.

policycontent
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ScottFromWyoming avatar image
ScottFromWyoming answered ·

It's frustrating that they leave us hanging, but the first step is to always ask for clarification on what the violation is. It's rarely the art itself, and sometimes it's just some throwaway text in the description that you can easily delete. But I guess Amazon would rather pay people to field "what did I do now?" questions rather than provide the required "actionable information" automatically.

4 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yesterday I asked for clarification for the sixth time and once again I got the same form letter response. Nothing actionable as you said. How many ways can I ask for this before someone provides the information to resolve the issue? This is ungodly frustrating.

1 Like 1 ·

I have been able to get a real response by replying back on the canned response while also clicking the feedback link in the canned response and give them a bad rating.

1 Like 1 ·

Unfortunately the links in the response are for Seller Central URLs. So I can't even get to the pages they are referring me to.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments