question

newuser-4cd15a08-d382-4c83-886f-5c0e05775fcc avatar image

App compatibility issue

Our app was approved in the app store. When our users or I go to the listing however their and my devices are not compatible. These devices were compatible while in test but now aren't while the app is live.

I checked our manifests and everything seems to be in order and since our app was approved I assumed it should be good to go. The only thing that seems slightly off is that while our app was approved that functionality validation was skipped. Could this be the issue?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as our fire users are left waiting without our app... it's having an impact on the goodwill we've established with them.

app submission and updatesdevices
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Melody avatar image
Melody answered

Thank you for posting in the forums! As this is an app-specific inquiry, we will provide further information on your Contact Us Case# 6532834281 when the investigating teams have finished reviewing your situation. Thank you for your patience.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kliment Nenov avatar image
Kliment Nenov answered

I am in a similar situation since August 2019. My apps have been continually "reduced device compatibility" every time I submit a change.

"Your recent submission, APPLICATION_NAME version X.X.X, was successfully published and is now LIVE on Amazon Appstore with reduced device compatibility (app failed on 20 devices)."

I need to write them via Contact Us message portal but so far no one from Amazon has provided reasoning why my apps are with "reduced device compatibility". My applications are "LIVE on Amazon Appstore" but because of the "reduced device compatibility" they are totally invisible to users and in fact they are like unpublished (NOT LIVE). This ruined my installs and income.

2 comments
10 |5000

I had the same problem. Without reason my app was incompatible with TV.

(you can find the ticket in this forum)

After removing those devices, the app was published but the Units fall from +50 units each month to 2 !

Thanks Amazon for this :(

0 Likes 0 ·

My apps are compatible with all of these 20 device but the "reduced device compatibility" problem appears every time I submit a change. I write a lot of messages to Amazon Appstore team and about two weeks later they silently increase the number of compatible devices back to normal without any explanation or response.

1 Like 1 ·