question

newuser-211ffa55-1ecb-4626-bdeb-6227ce7b922d avatar image
newuser-211ffa55-1ecb-4626-bdeb-6227ce7b922d asked ·

Trying to create a custom flash briefing skill and having difficulty

As the title states, I am trying to create a custom skill that pulls headlines from several different feeds. I can't use a blueprint as they only pull one feed at a time and I want to have some more control over the various feeds.

I found the following skill on github, but when I launch the skill, Alexa doesn't recognize any of the feed types/categories of news. The 'help', 'cancel', and 'stop' intents still work, but the news doesn't play.

Has anyone had any experience with this skill or made a custom flash briefing that works using a different method?

I can't upload the code as the .zip file b/c it's too large, but I haven't changed any of it from the github page aside from the Alexa skill ID.

flash briefingcustom interfaces
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gaetano@Amazon avatar image
Gaetano@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

thanks for your post.

Can you please share the feed URLs you are trying to read from Alexa alongside your skill-ID?

Thanks,
Gaetano

3 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GlennL avatar image
GlennL answered ·

Are you trying to make a flash briefing or custom skill? As flash briefing skills don't have help they just (in your example) read the text from the feed.