question

BobaMilkTea avatar image
BobaMilkTea asked

Alexa won't utilize name-free interaction (canfulfillintent) for private skill

I have implemented and deployed private skill for home use. I can invoke the command correctly with the normal invocation phrase. However, I can't seem to get Alexa to invoke my endpoint via the name-free interaction by sending a canfulfillintent request. I have confirmed and tested the functionality using the JSON alexa simulator by injecting the request type and my endpoint can handle it. Alexa's simulator reports the response as okay.

canfulfillintentrequest
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Rokas avatar image
Rokas answered

You can't force name free invocations when using device, alexa will decide if there is a skill handling your invocation or not. I wrote more about CFIR in this question. Unfortunately there still was no update for CFIR, so it is still a feature that doesn't really work that great.

To make amazon alexa more aware of the problems you are having, you can post your feature requests or upvote existing ones in uservoice alexa webspace: here.

10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.