question

md9261 avatar image
md9261 asked ·

Linking to Amazon Instant Videos

Is that possible? Both as a product detail page and search term within the category.

mobile associates
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hal Gatewood avatar image
Hal Gatewood answered ·

This works for me to link to a specific video in IOS:

aiv://aiv/play?asin={YOUR_ASIN}

And this seems to work for Android:

intent://watch.amazon.com/watch?asin={YOUR_ASIN}

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

md9261 avatar image
md9261 answered ·
The lack of response means it's not? Specifically, I want to link to Amazon videos and books using the Amazon Client in the same way we can link to apps using amzn://apps/android?asin=abc Thanks.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered ·
Sorry for the late response. I was taking time to get the confirmation from the concerned team. Yes, the API works well for Amazon Instant Video. We have tested it with direct link ASINs, the product detail popover, the preview popover and search links with category specified as "MoviesAndTV". Let us know in case you have additional query.

anon-user avatar image
anon-user answered ·
When I try to invoke [b]android.intent.action.VIEW[/b] with e.g. [b]amzn://apps/android?asin=B00HDZO72W[/b] (Django unchained) as data, I can open it with either the "Amazon" app or "App-Store" app, but both show null values for the title and description, although the ratings and reviews are displayed propely. Am I missing something or is this a bug? Best regards, David

NickG@Amazon avatar image
NickG@Amazon answered ·
Hi David, I wouldn't suggest using the intent that way, as it will not even give ratings or details on a Kindle device, as it will take you directly to the appstore with no other options on those devices. I'm looking into the issue with non-amazon devices, but I"m not sure that Amazon Instant videos is a supported use case for that intent. In the meantime, you can use our Mobile Associates API for that linking: https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-associates/docs/direct-linking#Direct to Amazon Product Detail Page