question

Michael Santini avatar image
Michael Santini asked

Deep Link into Amazon Alexa App

The former way of deep linking into the Alexa app doesn't seem to work like it used to. Further, the related posts seem to indicate screenshots of a share functionality that doesn't appear anymore.

I've got a URL that used to open into the Alexa Skill Store but no longer does: https://skills-store.amazon.com/deeplink/dp/B07XYVH481?deviceType=app&share&refSuffix=ss_email

I've also seen that you can use an Alexa-scheme to open in the Alexa app but I haven't been able to get that to work either.

Can you provide some new updated information as to how to deep link into the Alexa app? Our app provides a link to users so that they can go into the Alexa app and enable a skill/perform account linking. Keep the user in the browser is not ideal in this situation.

alexa skills kitalexaaccount linking
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

KirkC@Amazon avatar image
KirkC@Amazon answered

Hi. It's definitely still possible to generate a "deep link" for any given live Alexa skill. To so do, I've provided some steps below:

1. Open the Alexa app on Android or iOS
  2. Tap the "hamburger" menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper-left
  3. Tap "Skills & Games"
  4. Tap the search icon to find the live skill that you'd like to share
  5. After choosing the skill, there will be a share icon in the upper right. On iOS, it looks like a box with an arrow pointing up whereas on Android it looks like three dots with lines connecting them

From there, you'll have a "Copy" option which will save the deep link URL to your clipboard along with a message like "Bob wants to share this Alexa Skill from Amazon"

3 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for sharing this useful information.

1 Like 1 ·

Kirk -

This works as you state, but it still only launches into a browser when using a mobile device. The page then gives the user a button to press to launch the Alexa app. This whole process used to automatically launch the Alexa app without needing the user to press a button. I've tried this on both an iOS and Android device with the same results. Is there an alternative way to get this link to launch into the Alexa app?

0 Likes 0 ·

Currently, the method described above is the only way to generate a deep link for an Alexa skill.

0 Likes 0 ·