question

srikanth avatar image
srikanth asked

Can we invoke Alexa custom skill using two intents?

Is it possible to invoke a custom skill using two intents (intent1 or intent2)?. If yes, Please provide the information to achieve it.

alexa skills kitalexa voice servicealexa
2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Can you give an example what do you want to do? What invocation do you want to do and what should happen after that?

0 Likes 0 ·

I mean we have to provide a invocation word for alexa to enter to a particular skill. Can I provide two different invocation words to enter to same skill. For example, 'open movies' and 'open films' are two different invocations words when called should invoke a same skill which I developed.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Rokas avatar image
Rokas answered

Unfortunately it is impossible to have two invocation names. You are limited to one invocation name per skill, so you only can choose 'movies' or 'films' invocation name.

You could try to implement 'CanFulfilIntentRequest', but I hadn't had too much luck with it, but my skills are quite niche so maybe that is why. If yours are more general, it might work.

Other than that, you can add feature request for multiple invocation names in uservoice alexa webspace.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.