question

Akshita avatar image
Akshita asked

How to test in skill purchase in India for different locales and region?

Hello there,

I have in skill purchase functionality in my skill. Everything works fine when testing in the developer console. But when ever I test skill in the echo device, testing fails and says “I'm sorry I can only shop in the primary language associated with the account. “

-> Note: I have tried changing the device's location in settings. It doesn't seem to work.

Also the skill has only English(US) and English(UK) languages. Both the locations and locales support in skill purchasing.

Is there any way I can actually test the functionality in India?

skillispask sdk
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Akshita avatar image
Akshita answered

Okay I have tried few things and after doing one particular change, I have been able to test in-skill purchase in India.

Change the location of main amazon account:

- For that, do the following

1. Open https://www.amazon.com/

2. At the top right corner, there will be a button “Account and Lists” in that access the "Your Account" page in Amazon.

3. On the "Digital content and devices" box, click on "Content and devices”

4. On the new page that loads, click on "Preferences" and then on "Country/Region Settings"

5. Add a random address of USA.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.