question

spinny37 avatar image
spinny37 asked ·

Possible to affiliate Amazon App Deep links?

Hello,

I've scoured the forums and support documentation but am unable to find the answer to this question. I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong spot, but I want to know if it's possible to affiliate deep links sent to the Amazon apps (both iOS and Android). For sending traffic to the Amazon website, all you need to do is add tag=affiliatecode in the URL. For Amazon deep links (amzn://apps/android?) that tag doesn't seem to be working.

I've asked Amazon Support and their response was

"For more information on Amazon deep linking, https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs/deeplink"

Which is sort of a non-response, since it doesn't mention anything about affiliation. So - my question is, is it possible to send users directly to the mobile storefronts from a site/app using Deep Links with the associate parameters attached?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

mobile associates
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered ·
Deep linking for physical or virtual product is not recommended for the products other than apps and probably not possible. The only way to link physical or any virtual products available in Amazon store is using Mobile Associate API. This SDK is built to address this need. You should refer below documentation for more info. https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-associates Thanks.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anon-user avatar image
anon-user answered ·
@ Sujoy@Amazon The mobile associate API does not directly address deep links since for virtual products the only possible API is linkshare, which is just opening the URL in a browser. Consider the fact that the Amazon app, and Amazon MP3 are preinstalled on so many Android devices nowadays, the ability to deep link the product URLs to these preinstalled Amazon apps should be there, and not to a browser along. Thanks

t-on-time avatar image
t-on-time answered ·
I am also interested in deep linking between apps. Seems like Amazon could benefit from it as well.

NickG@Amazon avatar image
NickG@Amazon answered ·
Hi, Thank you for your suggestion/feedback. We will forward your feedback to the concerned team. -Nick

anon-user avatar image
anon-user answered ·
Hi, Is it possible, that using the Affiliate links which includes the Affiliate tracking ID, a user can be sent directly to Amazon's App for purchase. I can see the Amazon's App schema as "amzn://apps/android?asin=B004FRX0MY". However there is no option to concatenate Affiliate tracking ID, so that the purchase can be attributed to the Affiliate. Thanks

anon-user avatar image
anon-user answered ·
I need this option. I would like to pass my affiliate tag and let my app opens the link inside the amazon app.

anon-user avatar image
anon-user answered ·
+1. Need the capability of passing my affiliate tag and let my app opens the link inside the amazon app.

anon-user avatar image
anon-user answered ·
+1

anon-user avatar image
anon-user answered ·
Has there been any update on this? This is essential to my app, and it would be great to get clarification.

NickG@Amazon avatar image
NickG@Amazon answered ·
Hi, There is no update at this time.