question

newuser-0d7a36db-3d89-47a7-a35c-a40f918e0dc3 avatar image

Get user location for “work”

I know how to get the device address from the Alexa app.

Now I need the addresses located in settings --> my locations. When I add a business address, I can use this address by saying "work". I would like to use this address in my skill for work as well. (Maybe the naming of settings is not 100% correct. I translated it myself.)

I thought that it isn't possible yet. But as I made a feature request, Amazon answered me that they are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests. Therefore, I think that it is already possible to get it. But how?

alexa skills kitalexa
2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm also interested in getting this information. Currently, I'm asking this information from within the skill through voice conversation. However, the user experience is not great because the built-in slot types make it difficult to add a random location name

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello and thank you for your message.

At the moment this is not supported. You should post it as a feature request in our Uservoice space over here.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello and thank you for your message.

Can you please specify where is this "settings", where you are adding addresses?

If you have been directed to Uservoice, that means that this feature is currently not available, as the purpose of that portal is to collect feature request from the community.

Regards,
Barry

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.