question

Bob avatar image
Bob asked

Why can't I reproduce the error that the certification team says caused my skill to fail certification?

I received notification that my skill works perfectly for non-display devices, but generates an error, (triggers the catch (error) part of the code when it is tested on devices with a display. When I test it on my two Echo Shows there is no problem. Any ideas what is going on?

alexa skills kitalexatestingcertification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lucian@Amazon avatar image
Lucian@Amazon answered

As this issue is specific to your account, please file a contact us here where we will be able to assist further.

Regards,

Lucian

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bob avatar image
Bob answered

Lucian@Amazon

Lucian,

Thanks. But I am already in contact with someone from the certification team, but the problem is that I get a response every 24 hours. I am most frustrated this morning since they responded in the early morning saying they would be happy to look at my code. The only problem is they gave me no information as to how to submit it. There is no way to attach a zip file and pasting it in won't work since the input is too long. I thought the review team had access to the code I uploaded as a Lambda function.

I hope you have some suggestions. Since I can't reproduce the error on my end, I don't know what to do.

Bob

10 |5000

Lucian@Amazon avatar image
Lucian@Amazon answered

Hi Bob,

I see your point. In order to assist you, please can you provide the Contact Us case ID so I get in touch with my colleague that handles your issue?
On the other hand, to submit the necessary documentation on the contact us case, please provide a shareable link to the documentation - use a file sharing service such as Box, Dropbox, S3 etc.

10 |5000